Who we are
Our website address is: https://walshbros-jewellers.co.uk.
R J Burrow Limited trading as Walsh Bros (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy and any other documents referred to on it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Richard Burrow of Walsh Bros, 16, Mount Pleasant Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 1QU.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site ww.walshbros-jewelleres.co.uk
- This includes information provided at the time of registering for email alerts as part of our site or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that We use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP address and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Please note that this website also contains link buttons and content from various social media networks, so that you can easily share content from our website with your social media networks. If you use these features, these social media sites may store cookies on your device/computer. Information on the cookies used can be found in the information given on these sites. Please visit these social media sites directly to read the information about which cookies may be stored on your device/computer.
Where we store your personal data
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us or which We feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your data to provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you and We may contact you about these.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Walsh Bros or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Walsh Bros, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
This site is intended for visitors over the age of 18. Walsh Bros will not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you may not use this website unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires. After this period, your personal information will be deleted from our systems.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.